Date: 27 mars 2018
How would you summarize the vision of the brand in a few words? How does the products represent this vision?
Founded in 2009, Herschel Supply Co. is based in Vancouver, BC. They produce quality accessories with a focus on design and attention to detail. Their products are designed for people on the move, whether in town or on a "Well-traveled" trip. They are very strong at the marketing level, in partnership with Instagram and Apple. They opt for a timeless look evoking both nostalgia and modern functionality. One thing to remember: their passion for detail.
The Studio collection is an expression of the creativity and imagination of the design department. It is a more refined collection, assured lines, minimalist, color-block.
"Their commitment to designing what Lyndon calls “modernized, nostalgic products” has translated into big business: They are stocked in over 10,000 places in 72 countries around the world and they employ over 170 people, including 30 dedicated solely to product design."
Effective design is a democratic design. In this sense, this explains the tremendous success of the brand in recent years, the target audience being '' everyone ''.
What are the flagship product of the brand and why?
The most popular item is undoubtedly the Little America backpack. We can see them on a daily basis, it's unmissable. However, the best-selling item is the wallet, which costs about $ 25.
The design is inspired by vintage hiking bags. Hershel's has set its sights on a thick nylon, which will ensure that the product will withstand abrasion and weather. With a volume of 23.5 liters, it is a place in the category of medium volume backpacks, perfect for a student, a man of office, a mom in a hurry, a day trip in a Sépaq, etc. The back and straps are well padded, making Little America very comfortable to wear for long periods of time, even if you're traveling with a heavy load. (Picture on the next page)
Offers a pocket for a laptop up to 15 ", as well as an inside pocket to store electronics. The maximum capacity is about 23 liters! (Picture on the previous page)
What sets this brand apart from these competitors?
- At for the fit, we can say that it is halfway between the American and the Japanese.
- The main focus is always on design/fashion and details.
What are the novelties of this year?
- Apparel: Functional, modern fit, DWR, polyester / cotton (more durable & comfortable)
Coach: Women's fit
- Tissu Hoffman: "Hawaii" collection, surfer-style fabric supplier
- Collection Trail: SailCloth fabrics (lightweight and durable), minimalist & aesthetic, DWR + Raincover, well-concealed water bottle pocket
- Collection Travel: softshell or hardshell suitcase available + TSA lock
- Collection Kids: Strand Sprout, diepers bag + changing station
- The Hip Pack is back! Also call funny pack. 90’s revival!
Any new technology? How do they work?
- Backpack :
- Sail Cloth: inspired by a boat's sail (more resistant to abrasion)
- Cordura Nylon balistique: 80 deniers
- Suitcases: TSA lock (Transport Security Agency) to allow the authorities to inspect the contents without causing damage to the lock
Does the flagship product has been modified?
- Bags: new magnets more resistant
- Wallet: RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification, Radio-Identification), Fraud Protection
How long is the warranty offered for? What does it cover?
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We stand behind the quality of our bags and accessories with a Limited Lifetime Warranty — our guarantee that every Herschel Supply item is free of material and manufacturing defects. This warranty is valid for the duration of the original purchaser’s lifetime, beginning on the date of purchase from an authorized Herschel Supply retailer and subject to applicable laws. The warranty will immediately become void if the product is purchased from an unauthorized retailer.
Our luggage and apparel products are subject to a five-year Limited Warranty. For warranty purposes, “luggage” is defined as any Herschel Supply products that have wheels and/or a retractable trolley handle, and “apparel” is defined as any Herschel Supply clothing product, including jackets, hats, pullovers, ponchos and fleece. The Luggage and Apparel Limited Warranty is valid for 5 years, beginning on the date of purchase from an authorized Herschel Supply retailer and subject to applicable laws. The warranty will immediately become void if the product is purchased from an unauthorized retailer.